Just to let everyone know, today is World Food Day! This ties in so well with our Food Issues Month here at Global Issues SIG, you would think we had almost planned it! Actually, we only found out about this when we were reminded by fellow SIG member Bill Templer. You can check out the […]
Archive | Community blog RSS feed for this section
by Angelina. Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually. This graph was shared on the Food Issues Facebook page by the teacher Milada Krajewska. Food month – Week 2 Summary Well we have just finished our second week of Food Month, and things are still coming in! […]
Interested in seeing the resources, links and everything that teachers are sharing for Food Issues month? Carla Arena of Brazil has started a great Pinterest board. You can see the resources by clicking on the image below.
FOOD ISSUES MONTH – THE FIRST WEEK… This first week has seen a lot of action, activities, suggestions and talking points from teachers around the world. We’re really pleased with the reception. It’s a good moment to take stock of some of the things that have been shared and to encourage you to keep going! […]
Welcome to Food Issues Month! This is the one of the main areas where you can share your ideas, links, experiences or thoughts on the Global Issues SIG Food Issues Month. It’s simple. Just leave a comment on this post with your contribution. We will be doing a weekly summary of these contributions, as well […]
In just under a month we will be starting the IATEFL Global Issues SIG special event – Food Issues Month! This event is an online, asynchronous event with the aim of “Teaching food with a conscience”. We are already beginning to get interest on how to take part, so we’ve put together the following little […]
Blogging for me is about sharing ideas with people across time and space and engaging with a variety of thinking on important questions. This is its strength. It’s immediate and it’s free of charge – and it’s a space where I am able to ask critical questions and hear what people have to say. Sara […]
- IATEFL Brighton 2018 – GISIG related Talks and Workshops April 16, 2018
- Global Issues in an Uncertain World April 8, 2018
- GISIG is now a ‘Friend of EVE’ April 7, 2018
- Africa TESOL Pre Conference Event March 28, 2018
- Global Issues Showcase Day, IATEFL Brighton March 16, 2018
- Bill Templer: Last October, Dakar hosted a high-level meeting on...
- Linda: I hope to meet you at our pre-conference event, Ou...
- Bill Templer: A great poem to go with the theme of tolerance and...
- Bill Templer: Here interviews from the IATEFL conference, some o...
- Bill Templer: This by Anastasia Khodakova, based at Tula State U...