Storytelling for a Better World Injustice and other challenging global issues are addressed through telling world stories. What students learn from a story is not what happens in the story but in their response to it. Creative response tasks lead to insights about how to make the world better. Let’s try activities from the new […]
Archive | Events webinars RSS feed for this section
Webinar Resources Music and Mime, Rhythm and Rhyme by Charles Goodger
James Mitchell Privilege, Power, and Intersectionality: Awareness of Ourselves in Our Teaching Practices Abstract Intersectionality, the study of how social identities (e.g., race, gender, class, sexuality) overlap, has only recently emerged as a topic of discussion in TESOL, and can aid teachers in their understanding of oppression, privilege, and power. This presentation will explore the […]
Webinar date and time: Saturday 14 March 2015 10:00 GMT Carol Rainbow B Phil Ed (hons), Advanced TEFL Cert, 360 degree safe trainer and assessor as well as a CEOP trained e-safety teacher / trainer. Carol lives and has taught in the UK for many years. She was an ICT Consultant for Oxfordshire LA working […]
Graham Stanley is currently project manager of Ceibal English for the British Council, working in Montevideo, Uruguay. Previously to this, he worked many years for the British Council Young Learner Centre in Barcelona, Spain as well as being social media manager for the British Council English websites (LearnEnglish, TeachingEnglish, LearnEnglish Kids, LearnEnglish Teens). He was project manager for the British […]
How does our work in ELT relate to wider social and economic issues? What does it mean to be a language teacher with a critical perspective in our digital age? Let’s discuss these issues together at this free virtual event open to all! October 20, 2013 UTC 9:00 Watch the recording here: https://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/p4mnb7uks94 About the presenter […]
- Brighton PCE 2018 July 31, 2017
- WEBINAR – 3 Sep 2017, 11:00 (GMT) July 28, 2017
- EAP, Critical thinking and Climate Change July 17, 2017
- Esther Lucas Scholarship for the 2018 IATEFL conference June 12, 2017
- Special Days Competition June 12, 2017
- Bill Templer: Regarding the video on poverty, for a muscial focu...
- GISIG and me. And you! (Gergő Fekete) | International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language – Blog: […] please have a look out our website, like...
- GISIG and me. And you! (Gergő Fekete) | International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language – Blog: […] year, we organise a month-long online ev...
- GISIG and me. And you! (Gergő Fekete) | International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language – Blog: […] English. I tried many of the activities ...
- Bill Templer: Those who teach EAP at universities in the UK and ...