27 April 2019 at 4pm UTC Are you interested in finding out how you can use online platforms to support teacher development? In this webinar Elie Megan will talk about how teachers in Africa are using WhatsApp to build teaching communities where they can meet to share ideas, projects and materials and integrate global issues […]
Archive | Events webinars RSS feed for this section
Thanks for attending! The slides of our presenters are going to be available here shortly. Jason’s slides Elli’s slides Dragana’s slides Raja’s slides In this webinar organised by IATEFL Global Issues SIG, four teachers from four countries share their experience of how they tackle global issues in the classroom. Equador: Integrating global issues creatively in […]
Storytelling for a Better World Injustice and other challenging global issues are addressed through telling world stories. What students learn from a story is not what happens in the story but in their response to it. Creative response tasks lead to insights about how to make the world better. Let’s try activities from the new free British […]
Webinar Resources Music and Mime, Rhythm and Rhyme by Charles Goodger (more…)
James Mitchell Privilege, Power, and Intersectionality: Awareness of Ourselves in Our Teaching Practices Abstract Intersectionality, the study of how social identities (e.g., race, gender, class, sexuality) overlap, has only recently emerged as a topic of discussion in TESOL, and can aid teachers in their understanding of oppression, privilege, and power. This presentation will explore the […]
Webinar date and time: Saturday 14 March 2015 10:00 GMT Carol Rainbow B Phil Ed (hons), Advanced TEFL Cert, 360 degree safe trainer and assessor as well as a CEOP trained e-safety teacher / trainer. Carol lives and has taught in the UK for many years. She was an ICT Consultant for Oxfordshire LA working […]
Graham Stanley is currently project manager of Ceibal English for the British Council, working in Montevideo, Uruguay. Previously to this, he worked many years for the British Council Young Learner Centre in Barcelona, Spain as well as being social media manager for the British Council English websites (LearnEnglish, TeachingEnglish, LearnEnglish Kids, LearnEnglish Teens). He was project manager for the British […]
How does our work in ELT relate to wider social and economic issues? What does it mean to be a language teacher with a critical perspective in our digital age? Let’s discuss these issues together at this free virtual event open to all! October 20, 2013 UTC 9:00 Watch the recording here: https://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/p4mnb7uks94 About the presenter […]
- WEBINAR: Building Teacher Communities – Going Global with WhatsApp March 2, 2019
- Hands Up Project Conference 2019 (6th April 2019) February 8, 2019
- Human Rights Issues Month – How to share September 30, 2018
- Human Rights Issues Month 2018 September 23, 2018
- The Image Conference | 6-7th October September 23, 2018
- Jeannine: Like many others, I'm an ESL teacher with experie...
- Bill Templer: One can wonder how Sarah now perceives her situati...
- Bill Templer: Yes Maria, I left KL in 2010. I remember you well....
- Growing up in Gaza | Global Issues SIG: […] in the article. The references to the ar...
- Bill Templer: A “Crisis Point” for Human Rights Defenders h...