A very big thank you to everyone who participated! Food issues month has now come to a close. This was the first online, asynchronous event of its kind put on by the Global Issues Special Interest Group and we are all very pleased with the result! The event spanned over several online platforms, from this […]
Archive | Food issues month – October 2013 RSS feed for this section
Default category for all posts related to Food issues month
Food Issues Month, hosted by the Global Issues SIG of IATEFL, is finishing its third week! There have been dozens of resources, images, articles and lesson plans shared already. Among these have been quite a few videos, so we thought it might be nice to create a playlist where people can access them. Click below […]
Just to let everyone know, today is World Food Day! This ties in so well with our Food Issues Month here at Global Issues SIG, you would think we had almost planned it! Actually, we only found out about this when we were reminded by fellow SIG member Bill Templer. You can check out the […]
by Angelina. Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually. This graph was shared on the Food Issues Facebook page by the teacher Milada Krajewska. Food month – Week 2 Summary Well we have just finished our second week of Food Month, and things are still coming in! […]
Interested in seeing the resources, links and everything that teachers are sharing for Food Issues month? Carla Arena of Brazil has started a great Pinterest board. You can see the resources by clicking on the image below.
FOOD ISSUES MONTH – THE FIRST WEEK… This first week has seen a lot of action, activities, suggestions and talking points from teachers around the world. We’re really pleased with the reception. It’s a good moment to take stock of some of the things that have been shared and to encourage you to keep going! […]
Welcome to Food Issues Month! This is the one of the main areas where you can share your ideas, links, experiences or thoughts on the Global Issues SIG Food Issues Month. It’s simple. Just leave a comment on this post with your contribution. We will be doing a weekly summary of these contributions, as well […]
In just under a month we will be starting the IATEFL Global Issues SIG special event – Food Issues Month! This event is an online, asynchronous event with the aim of “Teaching food with a conscience”. We are already beginning to get interest on how to take part, so we’ve put together the following little […]
OCTOBER 2013 is FOOD ISSUES MONTH with the GI SIG! There are few things as universal to the human condition as food. What we eat, when we eat, how we prepare it are central to our existence. Food vocabulary is something language teachers do on a regular basis. But what about other global issues relating […]
- Brighton PCE 2018 July 31, 2017
- WEBINAR – 3 Sep 2017, 11:00 (GMT) July 28, 2017
- EAP, Critical thinking and Climate Change July 17, 2017
- Esther Lucas Scholarship for the 2018 IATEFL conference June 12, 2017
- Special Days Competition June 12, 2017
- Bill Templer: Regarding the video on poverty, for a muscial focu...
- GISIG and me. And you! (Gergő Fekete) | International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language – Blog: […] please have a look out our website, like...
- GISIG and me. And you! (Gergő Fekete) | International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language – Blog: […] year, we organise a month-long online ev...
- GISIG and me. And you! (Gergő Fekete) | International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language – Blog: […] English. I tried many of the activities ...
- Bill Templer: Those who teach EAP at universities in the UK and ...