We live in turbulent times. Conflict, fear, anger, loss…
They are also times of compassion, action, hope and great strength.
For the third year, we are holding a month-long online event. We invite teachers, teacher trainers and writers to contribute their ideas on applying themes connected to “War & Peace” to an English teaching context.
- How do we as language instructors engage our students with what is happening outside our classrooms?
- Can we integrate this current and powerful social, political, environmental content with language instruction? How?
- What topics are appropriate? How do we approach them?
- … WHAT’s THE TEACHING MOMENT?
How do YOU inspire your students, in your country, in your living and working context, to learn English – AND also to care for the world and its people?
Some topic ideas:
- Migration / Displacement / Refuge
- Race / Discrimination / Belonging
- Global citizenship / Global community / Stories / Connections
- Wealth /Power imbalance
- Religious / Economic / Political ideologies
- Volunteerism / NGOs /Activism / Diplomacy
- Militarization / Arms industry
- Passivism / Non-violence
We hope that teachers and classes around the world will share their ideas, for teaching English with a conscience, through the lens of “War & Peace”.