GISIG members would like to support teachers teaching in difficult circumstances eg. with no resources, to very large classes or in refugee camps etc. Between us at GISIG, we have a range of experience of different types of teaching.
Have a look at the following resources:
- 3 articles about teaching in refugee camps (Greece and Calais) from our June 2016 GISIG newsletter
- a list of various materials that may well help in the link to Julie’s Heart ELT ‘Low Resource Classroom’ on Julie Pratten’s: http://heartelt.org/ site (scroll down)
- links to Julie’s ‘low resource classroom’ webinars with Nellie Deutsch.
- A viceo with Anke Fedrowitz, a German teacher, teacher trainer, author with over 25 years experience of teaching German as a second language to the children of immigrants and refugees from roughly 20 countries. https://youtu.be/4XdXRH4DjQs
- a summary of a short training session for volunteer teachers in Calais by Linda Ruas and Ann Cowie
- a useful information site about volunteering in Greece sent by Eliza Winnert of ‘We Are Here’ (http://weareherecentre.org/) : http://www.greecevol.info/index.php
- Materials for training and self access to help untrained volunteers teaching English in refugee camps in Greece.
- Julietta Schoenmann’s article about her work with mobiles in Nigeria
If you need any more resources or support, contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will try to put you in touch with someone who can help.