If you are interested in joining an international community of globally-minded ELT practitioners who want to promote and support teachers bringing real-world issues into the classroom, then you’ve come to the right place!
As a SIG, we recognise that the IATEFL membership is out of reach for many teachers around the globe. In solidarity with fellow English language teaching professionals, we therefore make many of our resources and publications freely available. However, if it is within your means to do so, we hope you will consider joining GISIG to support our work. Membership of the IATEFL Global Issues SIG affords a wide range of benefits.
- The opportunity to network and share best practice with like-minded educators seeking to promote social and environmental justice in ELT
- A monthly e-bulletin, updating you on the latest SIG news and events
- Our bi-annual GISIG e-zine FUTURITY, delivered straight to your inbox
- Extended episodes of the Global Issues Podcast
- The chance to join Global Shorts – GISIG’s very own short film club
- Access to the entire back catalogue of the GISIG Newsletter (over 40 issues)
- Reduced rates at GISIG face-to-face/online events, such as our annual Pre-Conference Event (in co-operation with IATEFL)
- Exclusive access to members-only online content via the IATEFL website
GISIG attempts to reach out to its members through its Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn social media accounts. Want to support our work? You can help by following, liking and sharing our posts, to raise the profile of global issues within ELT.