27 June 2019 at 7 pm BST Check your local time https://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html Link: http://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/gisigwebinars/ Do you wish your lessons could become part of the international dialogue on the need to act on the climate emergency and other issues of environmental justice, while offering an excellent language learning experience that motivates students? If so this is […]
Archive | Event RSS feed for this section
You can download the slides of our PCE speakers using the links below. Note: not all slides might display correctly on the website but the Download link still works.
27 April 2019 at 4pm UTC Are you interested in finding out how you can use online platforms to support teacher development? In this webinar Elie Megan will talk about how teachers in Africa are using WhatsApp to build teaching communities where they can meet to share ideas, projects and materials and integrate global issues […]
You can share on a variety of platforms including: Comment at our website By tweeting GISIG using #issuesmonth2018 Our Facebook Discussion List Our Facebook Event Page
In light of the upcoming 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration on Human Rights (December 10th 2018), we have decided to dedicate this year’s Issues Month to the topic of human rights and how to incorporate them, not only into our teaching but our everyday lives as well. Why is it important to learn about […]
The Image Conference is an innovative and collaborative project which seeks to explore the possibilities which film, video, images and video games offer to both language teachers and language learners. The conference is going to host several global issues related sessions and speakers. You can check them out the the conference website or by downloading […]
Thanks for attending! The slides of our presenters are going to be available here shortly. Jason’s slides Elli’s slides Dragana’s slides Raja’s slides In this webinar organised by IATEFL Global Issues SIG, four teachers from four countries share their experience of how they tackle global issues in the classroom. Equador: Integrating global issues creatively in […]
Chris Sowton: Making English work for the world’s most marginalised people Chris’ slides Linda Ruas and Julietta Schoenmann: F is for Fake: how students deal critically with post- truth Linda & Julietta’s slides Sara Bruun: Make your students interested in their future Sara’s slides Margarita Kosior: Special Days – Developing a more systematic approach to global education Margarita’s slides
- WEBINAR: Climate Emergency: What action can the ELT community take in the classroom? June 23, 2019
- Liverpool 2019 PCE resources May 19, 2019
- WEBINAR: Building Teacher Communities – Going Global with WhatsApp March 2, 2019
- Hands Up Project Conference 2019 (6th April 2019) February 8, 2019
- Human Rights Issues Month – How to share September 30, 2018
- Dipesh: It's good and global platform for teachers....
- Caroline Linyor Tata: I am Caroline Linyor Tata from CAMELTA Research gr...
- Ita Frinwie Tamenang epse Ndifon: I am Ita Frinwie Tamenang epse Ndifon from CAMELTA...
- Melanie: I'm Melanie from CAMELTA Research Group Cameroon...
- Renu Milind Dhotre: I am interested..but didn't get any link to join....