Archive | Event RSS feed for this section
We’re very excited about our Global Issues SIG Showcase day – Tuesday 10th April – and we hope to meet you there too. Here is the line-up: Anastasia Khodakova (winner of the GISIG Esther Lucas Scholarship) Workshop Content integration strategies to teach tolerance and cultural diversity 10:40 Arifa Rahman Talk The role of ELT in promoting social […]
36th Annual International TESOL France Colloquium Paris, 17 – 19 November 2017 GISIG co-coordinator Julietta Schoenmann is representing GISIG at the conference through presenting a session on disposable fashion (Saturday Nov 18th at 9:00) and hosting a panel discussion on bringing Global Issues into the classroom (Sunday Nov 19th at 14:15). More information: TESOL France […]
Social Justice and ELT through the Visual Arts – GISIG and Visual Arts Circle Joint PCE 9 April 2018 Social Justice and ELT through the Visual Arts – GISIG and Visual Arts Circle Joint PCE P Visual images can be arresting and powerful. We have all at some point in our lives been stunned by […]
Storytelling for a Better World Injustice and other challenging global issues are addressed through telling world stories. What students learn from a story is not what happens in the story but in their response to it. Creative response tasks lead to insights about how to make the world better. Let’s try activities from the new free British […]
Event date: April 30, 2017 GISIG forum Gergő Fekete – From knowledge to action with Girl Rising Margarita Kosior – Teaching for Social Justice:From Social Context to Teaching Content GISIG related projects by Cristina Oliveira, Portugal Two global issues related class projects from the students of Agrupamento de Escolas Emídio Navarro – E.B. D. António […]
Webinar Resources Music and Mime, Rhythm and Rhyme by Charles Goodger (more…)
To close with a flourish, week four of our Issues Month was absolutely varied, interesting striking. Leo shared a poem: Equality – He for She by Shannon PerryCrawley Some lines which stay in our minds: You should have the right to express your emotions and be what you please, You should not be pulled back […]
- Africa TESOL 2019 – Pre Conference Event July 8, 2019
- WEBINAR: Climate Emergency: What action can the ELT community take in the classroom? June 23, 2019
- Liverpool 2019 PCE resources May 19, 2019
- WEBINAR: Building Teacher Communities – Going Global with WhatsApp March 2, 2019
- Hands Up Project Conference 2019 (6th April 2019) February 8, 2019
- Dipesh: It's good and global platform for teachers....
- Caroline Linyor Tata: I am Caroline Linyor Tata from CAMELTA Research gr...
- Ita Frinwie Tamenang epse Ndifon: I am Ita Frinwie Tamenang epse Ndifon from CAMELTA...
- Melanie: I'm Melanie from CAMELTA Research Group Cameroon...
- Renu Milind Dhotre: I am interested..but didn't get any link to join....