EVE stands for Equal Voices in ELT. It is an organisation created to recognise both gender and highly proficient speaker parity in keynotes and plenaries in ELT conferences and events worldwide. EVE website: https://evecalendar.wordpress.com EVE Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/eveELT/ EVE on Twitter: https://twitter.com/eve_elt
Archive | Uncategorized RSS feed for this section
GISIG co-coordinator Linda Ruas’ plenary
The scholarship is named in memory of one of the founders of the Global Issues Special Interest Group and aims to assist a teacher to attend the 52nd IATEFL conference in Brighton in 2018. It is not necessary to be a member of IATEFL to apply for this scholarship. The award consists of: registration for […]
We would like to congratulate our 4 winners of our most recent competition: Cristina Oliveira Rita Diveki Aleks Palanac Mandana Arfa Kaboodvan They all created excellent lessons which will be added to our GISIG Special Days Calendar, and have each won a free place at our PCE in Brighton in April. We really look forward […]
We’re happy to report that some of our committee members will be present at the 2017 APPI Conference in Lisbon to promote Global Issues!
Webinar Resources Music and Mime, Rhythm and Rhyme by Charles Goodger (more…)
How you can participate October 2015 is IATEFL Global Issues SIG special event – War & Peace Issues Month! For the third year in a row, we are holding a month-long online event. This is an asynchronous event, developed with the aim of sharing ideas about teaching English with a conscience, this year through the […]
by Angelina. Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually. This graph was shared on the Food Issues Facebook page by the teacher Milada Krajewska. Food month – Week 2 Summary Well we have just finished our second week of Food Month, and things are still coming in! […]
FOOD AND WATER —Food and industrially-driven consumerism. Many focus points, including advertising, now so extreme on TV, same products marketed globally. –Food adverts on TV. Have students collect and analyze, in particular the use of imagery. Much of their message is pure suggestion, or identification with a life style, or in the case of ‘Boss’ ice […]
CHILD LABOUR Here many videos on child labor, students can explore: http://goo.gl/6nZ9P Children as labourers Child labour in East Asia The International Labour Organization (ILO, 2008) estimates 165 million children between ages of 5 and 14 are in child labour worldwide, with a total of some 215 million children and teenage youth engaged in […]
- Africa TESOL 2019 – Pre Conference Event July 8, 2019
- WEBINAR: Climate Emergency: What action can the ELT community take in the classroom? June 23, 2019
- Liverpool 2019 PCE resources May 19, 2019
- WEBINAR: Building Teacher Communities – Going Global with WhatsApp March 2, 2019
- Hands Up Project Conference 2019 (6th April 2019) February 8, 2019
- Dipesh: It's good and global platform for teachers....
- Caroline Linyor Tata: I am Caroline Linyor Tata from CAMELTA Research gr...
- Ita Frinwie Tamenang epse Ndifon: I am Ita Frinwie Tamenang epse Ndifon from CAMELTA...
- Melanie: I'm Melanie from CAMELTA Research Group Cameroon...
- Renu Milind Dhotre: I am interested..but didn't get any link to join....