CNN interviews co-founder and editor-in-chief of Adbusters, Kalle Lasn. The interview offers an alternative perspective on our consumerist society.
Archive | eLessons RSS feed for this section
This is a reverse poem written by Jonathan Reed – read backwards the message is the opposite than if read ‘the normal’ way.
This clip was produced by Canadian college students for a class project in 2008. Their course focussed on global issues and the way each one of us can make a difference.
This is a cartoon-story demonstration of the power of meditation. The message is: you can make a meaningful change to your state of mind quickly. You can learn to stay calm in stressful situations.
Michael Rosen performs one of his poems about a 13 year old boy leaving home to go on a political demonstration. (The Aldermaston marches were anti-nuclear weapons demonstrations in the 1950s and 1960s, taking place on Easter weekend between the Atomic Weapons Research Establishment at Aldermaston in Berkshire, England, and London.)
This clip shows our home, planet Earth, from a cosmic perspective. The narrator, Carl Sagan, was a famous astronomer and science fiction writer.
- GISIG Showcase Day at Manchester 2020 January 18, 2020
- MaWSIG & GI SIG joint webinar – 25 January 2020 January 10, 2020
- Transport Issues Month – Summary November 16, 2019
- 12 Months of Social Issues November 8, 2019
- Manchester 2020 PCE November 8, 2019
- Bill Templer: The discussion on free public transport continues ...
- Bill Templer: This an intriguing article just published 5 Dec. 2...
- Bill Templer: In a follow-up to this Issues Month, a brief artic...
- Katherine Bilsborough: Congratulations Margarita and GI sig!...
- Owain: What a great collection of materials. Thank you fo...