We’re happy to report that some of our committee members will be present at the 2017 APPI Conference in Lisbon to promote Global Issues!
Archive | Uncategorized RSS feed for this section
Webinar Resources Music and Mime, Rhythm and Rhyme by Charles Goodger
How you can participate October 2015 is IATEFL Global Issues SIG special event – War & Peace Issues Month! For the third year in a row, we are holding a month-long online event. This is an asynchronous event, developed with the aim of sharing ideas about teaching English with a conscience, this year through the […]
by Angelina. Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually. This graph was shared on the Food Issues Facebook page by the teacher Milada Krajewska. Food month – Week 2 Summary Well we have just finished our second week of Food Month, and things are still coming in! […]
FOOD AND WATER —Food and industrially-driven consumerism. Many focus points, including advertising, now so extreme on TV, same products marketed globally. –Food adverts on TV. Have students collect and analyze, in particular the use of imagery. Much of their message is pure suggestion, or identification with a life style, or in the case of ‘Boss’ ice […]
CHILD LABOUR Here many videos on child labor, students can explore: http://goo.gl/6nZ9P Children as labourers Child labour in East Asia The International Labour Organization (ILO, 2008) estimates 165 million children between ages of 5 and 14 are in child labour worldwide, with a total of some 215 million children and teenage youth engaged in […]
Child labourers in Thailand According to the ILO (2006), some of the worst forms of child labour persist in Thailand: “victims of trafficking, working children under 15 years old, children used in begging, and children in domestic labour. Others sectors include child labour in some manufacturing and fishery industries, services such as karaoke bars and […]
- APPI GISIG forum in Portugal May 3, 2017
- GISIG at the APPI Conference in Lisbon April 23, 2017
- GISIG Track Day – IATEFL Glasgow 2017 April 6, 2017
- Zooming in and Zooming out by Nick Bilbrough February 19, 2017
- GISIG WEBINAR on 19th February, 2017 January 12, 2017
- Sophia Louise: Dear Avgi Vafeidou, I hope you are well! Thank y...
- Linda Ruas: Thank you Arnold / Chrysa - great, relevant resour...
- Joan Beach: Hello I am a retired teacher living in California ...
- Bill Templer: Here an excellent article students at mi-intermedi...
- Bill Templer: DIE LINKE in Germany, Katja Kipping, sent this out...