Chris Sowton: Making English work for the world’s most marginalised people Chris’ slides Linda Ruas and Julietta Schoenmann: F is for Fake: how students deal critically with post- truth Linda & Julietta’s slides Sara Bruun: Make your students interested in their future Sara’s slides Margarita Kosior: Special Days – Developing a more systematic approach to global education Margarita’s slides
Archive | Event RSS feed for this section
We’re very excited about our Global Issues SIG Showcase day – Tuesday 10th April – and we hope to meet you there too. Here is the line-up: Anastasia Khodakova (winner of the GISIG Esther Lucas Scholarship) Workshop Content integration strategies to teach tolerance and cultural diversity 10:40 Arifa Rahman Talk The role of ELT in promoting social […]
36th Annual International TESOL France Colloquium Paris, 17 – 19 November 2017 GISIG co-coordinator Julietta Schoenmann is representing GISIG at the conference through presenting a session on disposable fashion (Saturday Nov 18th at 9:00) and hosting a panel discussion on bringing Global Issues into the classroom (Sunday Nov 19th at 14:15). More information: TESOL France […]
Social Justice and ELT through the Visual Arts – GISIG and Visual Arts Circle Joint PCE 9 April 2018 Social Justice and ELT through the Visual Arts – GISIG and Visual Arts Circle Joint PCE P Visual images can be arresting and powerful. We have all at some point in our lives been stunned by […]
Storytelling for a Better World Injustice and other challenging global issues are addressed through telling world stories. What students learn from a story is not what happens in the story but in their response to it. Creative response tasks lead to insights about how to make the world better. Let’s try activities from the new free British […]
Event date: April 30, 2017 GISIG forum Gergő Fekete – From knowledge to action with Girl Rising Margarita Kosior – Teaching for Social Justice:From Social Context to Teaching Content GISIG related projects by Cristina Oliveira, Portugal Two global issues related class projects from the students of Agrupamento de Escolas Emídio Navarro – E.B. D. António […]
Webinar Resources Music and Mime, Rhythm and Rhyme by Charles Goodger
- IATEFL Brighton 2018 – GISIG related Talks and Workshops April 16, 2018
- Global Issues in an Uncertain World April 8, 2018
- GISIG is now a ‘Friend of EVE’ April 7, 2018
- Africa TESOL Pre Conference Event March 28, 2018
- Global Issues Showcase Day, IATEFL Brighton March 16, 2018
- ikra: I really would like to see Rachael Roberts' slide...
- Bill Templer: This from our Yahoo discussion list, April 21/22: ...
- Bill Templer: Last October, Dakar hosted a high-level meeting on...
- Linda: I hope to meet you at our pre-conference event, Ou...
- Bill Templer: A great poem to go with the theme of tolerance and...