36th Annual International TESOL France Colloquium Paris, 17 – 19 November 2017 GISIG co-coordinator Julietta Schoenmann is representing GISIG at the conference through presenting a session on disposable fashion (Saturday Nov 18th at 9:00) and hosting a panel discussion on bringing Global Issues into the classroom (Sunday Nov 19th at 14:15). More information: TESOL France […]
Archive | Event RSS feed for this section
Social Justice and ELT through the Visual Arts – GISIG and Visual Arts Circle Joint PCE 9 April 2018 Visual images can be arresting and powerful. We have all at some point in our lives been stunned by a photograph or painting that has resonated – the Afghani girl on the cover of National Geographic […]
Storytelling for a Better World Injustice and other challenging global issues are addressed through telling world stories. What students learn from a story is not what happens in the story but in their response to it. Creative response tasks lead to insights about how to make the world better. Let’s try activities from the new free British […]
Event date: April 30, 2017 GISIG forum Gergő Fekete – From knowledge to action with Girl Rising Margarita Kosior – Teaching for Social Justice:From Social Context to Teaching Content GISIG related projects by Cristina Oliveira, Portugal Two global issues related class projects from the students of Agrupamento de Escolas Emídio Navarro – E.B. D. António […]
Webinar Resources Music and Mime, Rhythm and Rhyme by Charles Goodger
To close with a flourish, week four of our Issues Month was absolutely varied, interesting striking. Leo shared a poem: Equality – He for She by Shannon PerryCrawley Some lines which stay in our minds: You should have the right to express your emotions and be what you please, You should not be pulled back […]
Week 3 of our Gender Issues Month proved to be just as productive and fruitful as Weeks 1 and 2. On our GISIG website, Julietta shared a ready lesson on Shakespeare’s The taming of the shrew, which inspired a nice collection of gender-themed poems and films. In response to Julietta’s lesson plan, Bill shared his own experience with teaching […]
We kicked off Week 2 with a highly engaging post from Bill on the Good Lad Initiative. For those unfamiliar with this, it highlights ‘positive masculinity’ and the way in which men and boys talk about women. This is in direct relation to the recent debates around Donald Trump’s verbal treatment of women and his […]
- TESOL France 2017 October 22, 2017
- Neigbours & Borders – Issues month Week 1-2 October 22, 2017
- GISIG at the IATEFL Hungary conference 2017 October 22, 2017
- Neighbours and Borders Issues Month: How You Can Participate – SHARE HERE! October 1, 2017
- International Children’s Day September 25, 2017
- Bill Templer: Watch also EARTH 2100 extraordinary film as well: ...
- Jules: Thank you very much Bill - I'm looking forward to...
- Ntina Delgas: I’m a degree qualified English teacher in Austra...
- Bill Templer: Here a lesson plan from DELTA on the Brexit Debate...
- Thoughts on the Visual Arts and Global Issues in ELT | Jade Blue ELT: […] year’s IATEFL Conference, The Global I...