You can download the slides of our PCE speakers using the links below. Note: not all slides might display correctly on the website but the Download link still works.
Archive | Event RSS feed for this section
27 April 2019 at 4pm UTC Are you interested in finding out how you can use online platforms to support teacher development? In this webinar Elie Megan will talk about how teachers in Africa are using WhatsApp to build teaching communities where they can meet to share ideas, projects and materials and integrate global issues […]
You can share on a variety of platforms including: Comment at our website By tweeting GISIG using #issuesmonth2018 Our Facebook Discussion List Our Facebook Event Page
In light of the upcoming 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration on Human Rights (December 10th 2018), we have decided to dedicate this year’s Issues Month to the topic of human rights and how to incorporate them, not only into our teaching but our everyday lives as well. Why is it important to learn about […]
The Image Conference is an innovative and collaborative project which seeks to explore the possibilities which film, video, images and video games offer to both language teachers and language learners. The conference is going to host several global issues related sessions and speakers. You can check them out the the conference website or by downloading […]
Thanks for attending! The slides of our presenters are going to be available here shortly. Jason’s slides Elli’s slides Dragana’s slides Raja’s slides In this webinar organised by IATEFL Global Issues SIG, four teachers from four countries share their experience of how they tackle global issues in the classroom. Equador: Integrating global issues creatively in […]
Chris Sowton: Making English work for the world’s most marginalised people Chris’ slides Linda Ruas and Julietta Schoenmann: F is for Fake: how students deal critically with post- truth Linda & Julietta’s slides Sara Bruun: Make your students interested in their future Sara’s slides Margarita Kosior: Special Days – Developing a more systematic approach to global education Margarita’s slides
We’re very excited about our Global Issues SIG Showcase day – Tuesday 10th April – and we hope to meet you there too. Here is the line-up: Anastasia Khodakova (winner of the GISIG Esther Lucas Scholarship) Workshop Content integration strategies to teach tolerance and cultural diversity 10:40 Arifa Rahman Talk The role of ELT in promoting social […]
- Liverpool 2019 PCE resources May 19, 2019
- WEBINAR: Building Teacher Communities – Going Global with WhatsApp March 2, 2019
- Hands Up Project Conference 2019 (6th April 2019) February 8, 2019
- Human Rights Issues Month – How to share September 30, 2018
- Human Rights Issues Month 2018 September 23, 2018
- Biil Templer: Encourage your colleagues to watch on the 27th It...
- julietta schoenmann: Great - thanks Paola! Looking forward to seeing yo...
- julietta schoenmann: The link to this webinar will be posted on our web...
- Barbara Battistin: I'd like to participate in the webinar....
- Djiby Diaw: A unique opportunity for professional development ...