Victoria is a British teenager who experienced verbal sexual harassment at school by a fellow male pupil. She speaks about her reaction and what she did.
Archive | eLessons RSS feed for this section
Sarah Al-Jamal is an 11-year-old girl born and growing up in the Gaza Strip under Israeli control and ‘siege’. She talks about her daily life, her fears, her family, her problems living in one of the world’s ‘hot spots’.
This very short clip raises awareness of bullying in schools and shows an interesting way of taking a stand against it.
The clip shows that a previously isolated indigenous people from the Amazon has come face to face with a settled community of villagers for the first time. The lesson talks more generally about the risks posed to these peoples by the increasing encroachment of globalised civilisation.
This clip is of Charlie Chaplin’s concluding speech to his 1940 film, The Great Dictator (which he wrote, produced, directed and starred in). The speech is a passionate defence of liberty against tyranny.
This short documentary is about an experiment conducted in the state of Washington in 2010, examining whether high school students are able to give up their virtual identities for a period of a week.
The clip shows a trailer for the movie ‘Do the Math’. The movie raises awareness about the seriousness of global warming urging everyone to ‘connect the dots’ and to think about what we are doing to our climate.
The clip is about the dangers of advertising. It draws a parallel between ‘junk food’ that can make us obese, and ‘junk thoughts’ which can have an effect on us at a subconscious level and can be harmful for our mind.
The clip highlights some of the potential dangers of the internet by getting us to think about the difference between information and knowledge. It provides food for thought and can be a good starting point for a follow-up debate or discussion.
Wayne Dyer tells a story to illustrate that personal development often involves an inner struggle that can bring about a change in the way we perceive the world. The language used makes the clip suitable for lower level learners: the important words are articulated clearly and repeated several times.
- Liverpool 2019 PCE resources May 19, 2019
- WEBINAR: Building Teacher Communities – Going Global with WhatsApp March 2, 2019
- Hands Up Project Conference 2019 (6th April 2019) February 8, 2019
- Human Rights Issues Month – How to share September 30, 2018
- Human Rights Issues Month 2018 September 23, 2018
- Biil Templer: Encourage your colleagues to watch on the 27th It...
- julietta schoenmann: Great - thanks Paola! Looking forward to seeing yo...
- julietta schoenmann: The link to this webinar will be posted on our web...
- Barbara Battistin: I'd like to participate in the webinar....
- Djiby Diaw: A unique opportunity for professional development ...