Archive | Event RSS feed for this section
GISIG event discussions PCE – April 1 From Role Play to Real Action (Dr Luke Prodromou) Third World Farmer and other critical video games (Kyle Mawer) StarPower – a critical simulation (Lindsay Clandfield) Addressing the issues together (Margit Szesztay and Xiaobing Wang) GISIG track day – April 4 Can global issues provide authenticity and context […]
A very big thank you to everyone who participated! Food issues month has now come to a close. This was the first online, asynchronous event of its kind put on by the Global Issues Special Interest Group and we are all very pleased with the result! The event spanned over several online platforms, from this […]
Food Issues Month, hosted by the Global Issues SIG of IATEFL, is finishing its third week! There have been dozens of resources, images, articles and lesson plans shared already. Among these have been quite a few videos, so we thought it might be nice to create a playlist where people can access them. Click below […]
Just to let everyone know, today is World Food Day! This ties in so well with our Food Issues Month here at Global Issues SIG, you would think we had almost planned it! Actually, we only found out about this when we were reminded by fellow SIG member Bill Templer. You can check out the […]
How does our work in ELT relate to wider social and economic issues? What does it mean to be a language teacher with a critical perspective in our digital age? Let’s discuss these issues together at this free virtual event open to all! October 20, 2013 UTC 9:00 Watch the recording here: https://iatefl.adobeconnect.com/p4mnb7uks94 About the presenter […]
by Angelina. Explore more infographics like this one on the web’s largest information design community – Visually. This graph was shared on the Food Issues Facebook page by the teacher Milada Krajewska. Food month – Week 2 Summary Well we have just finished our second week of Food Month, and things are still coming in! […]
Interested in seeing the resources, links and everything that teachers are sharing for Food Issues month? Carla Arena of Brazil has started a great Pinterest board. You can see the resources by clicking on the image below.
FOOD ISSUES MONTH – THE FIRST WEEK… This first week has seen a lot of action, activities, suggestions and talking points from teachers around the world. We’re really pleased with the reception. It’s a good moment to take stock of some of the things that have been shared and to encourage you to keep going! […]
- Africa TESOL 2019 – Pre Conference Event July 8, 2019
- WEBINAR: Climate Emergency: What action can the ELT community take in the classroom? June 23, 2019
- Liverpool 2019 PCE resources May 19, 2019
- WEBINAR: Building Teacher Communities – Going Global with WhatsApp March 2, 2019
- Hands Up Project Conference 2019 (6th April 2019) February 8, 2019
- Dipesh: It's good and global platform for teachers....
- Caroline Linyor Tata: I am Caroline Linyor Tata from CAMELTA Research gr...
- Ita Frinwie Tamenang epse Ndifon: I am Ita Frinwie Tamenang epse Ndifon from CAMELTA...
- Melanie: I'm Melanie from CAMELTA Research Group Cameroon...
- Renu Milind Dhotre: I am interested..but didn't get any link to join....