How you can participate October 2016 is Gender Issues Month! Yet again, we are holding a month-long online event. This is an asynchronous event, developed with the aim of sharing ideas about teaching English with a conscience, this year through the lens of “Gender”. We would like to provide a platform where we can come together as […]
Archive | Event RSS feed for this section
We’re all aware of global conflicts and the impact that these can have directly on students’ education. We read daily about the lives of people that have been turned upside down by instability in their communities. How are teachers and trainers managing in these challenging circumstances? Furthermore, what can we do in our classrooms to raise our […]
GISIG is organising a competition to write an article of 500 – 1000 words on the topic ‘Global Issues in the ELT classroom’. Prizes will be: free attendance at our GISIG PCE in Glasgow for one GISIG member, and free membership for a year of GISIG for one IATEFL member who is not a GISIG […]
Global Issues SIG & The Creativity Group joint event IATEFL PCE at Birmingham – 12 April 2016 Speakers and facilitators include: Susan Barduhn, Peter Medgyes, Chaz Pugliese, Malu Sciamarelli, Margit Szesztay, and Adrian Underhill. The PCE explored the way creativity can act as a catalyst for fundamental change in education. In particular, we focused on […]
You can download our summary of the 2015 Issues Month below. A huge thanks to our Sylvia Ozbalt for collecting all these wonderful materials.
When it comes to global issues – and in the Global Issues SIG it really does – the topic of migration cannot be left unaddressed, especially in the light of what is currently happening in the world. But should we bring this controversial topic to the ELT classroom? Can we? Judging by the level of […]
How you can participate October 2015 is IATEFL Global Issues SIG special event – War & Peace Issues Month! For the third year in a row, we are holding a month-long online event. This is an asynchronous event, developed with the aim of sharing ideas about teaching English with a conscience, this year through the […]
We live in turbulent times. Conflict, fear, anger, loss… They are also times of compassion, action, hope and great strength. For the third year, we are holding a month-long online event. We invite teachers, teacher trainers and writers to contribute their ideas on applying themes connected to “War & Peace” to an English teaching context. […]
The scholarship is named in memory of one of the founders of the Global Issues Special Interest Group and aims to assist a teacher to attend the IATEFL 50th anniversary conference in Birmingham in 2016. It is not necessary to be a member of IATEFL to apply for this scholarship. The award consists of: registration for […]
Webinar date and time: Saturday 14 March 2015 10:00 GMT Carol Rainbow B Phil Ed (hons), Advanced TEFL Cert, 360 degree safe trainer and assessor as well as a CEOP trained e-safety teacher / trainer. Carol lives and has taught in the UK for many years. She was an ICT Consultant for Oxfordshire LA working […]
- Brighton PCE 2018 July 31, 2017
- WEBINAR – 3 Sep 2017, 11:00 (GMT) July 28, 2017
- EAP, Critical thinking and Climate Change July 17, 2017
- Esther Lucas Scholarship for the 2018 IATEFL conference June 12, 2017
- Special Days Competition June 12, 2017
- Bill Templer: Regarding the video on poverty, for a muscial focu...
- GISIG and me. And you! (Gergő Fekete) | International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language – Blog: […] please have a look out our website, like...
- GISIG and me. And you! (Gergő Fekete) | International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language – Blog: […] year, we organise a month-long online ev...
- GISIG and me. And you! (Gergő Fekete) | International Association of Teachers of English as a Foreign Language – Blog: […] English. I tried many of the activities ...
- Bill Templer: Those who teach EAP at universities in the UK and ...